1. The winner of a shiny new hardcover copy of L.K. Madigan’s The Mermaid’s Mirror AND an ARC of Jennifer Donnelly’s forthcoming Revolution is:
(Brian, if you email me at sonia (at) soniagensler (dot) com, we can iron out the details.)
Thanks to EVERYONE who participated on livejournal and blogspot — I appreciate you ever so much, and I hope you’ll stay tuned for future giveaways.
2. Book banning makes me LIVID. If you haven’t already, please read Laurie Halse Anderson’s blog post about a mind-boggling challenge to her beautiful book, Speak: This guy thinks SPEAK is pornography. ALSO, go here to win a copy of Twenty Boy Summer, another book thoughtlessly maligned by Scroggins. And consider reading a banned book this week, won’t you?
3. This brilliant blog post from Maureen Johnson almost pushes that Scroggins dude out of my head: Sell the Girls.
4. I saw this short little video linked on Facebook. It may have been around for a while, but was new to me. CRACKED ME UP. Perhaps I should advise . . . oh, I’m not even going to warn you. A commercial for Channel Bee.
5. These two film trailers make me giddy:
Happy weekend, everyone!
[cross-posted from Livejournal]