1. WriteOnCon. This amazing online writing conference needs your help! Browse the various offerings and comment on those you’d like to win. Comment here to win a critique from me and an ARC of The Revenant when it becomes available. Multiply your entries by making a small donation.You have until Sunday, September 26, at noon (EST) to comment/donate! (Remember, you don’t HAVE to donate, but doing so will increase your chances of winning AND will help a great online resource continue its fabulous work! Oh, and don’t worry — they are suggesting small donations.)
2. My home office. We’ve been working on this room for four years, adding a few pieces here and there when we could scrounge up the money. Our final two pieces — a 5th bookcase (!!!) and a hutch — arrived Wednesday. After lots of heavy lifting, sorting, and cleaning, here’s the result:
I am so happy with how it all turned out. But a word of warning — black bookcases collect dust like crazy. Yeah, you probably already knew that. Well, imagine what it’s like when you add a white cat into the mix! My Swiffer duster just can’t keep up.
3. A relic of my past. Look what I found when cleaning out the office closet: an old-timey photo of me in my late-teens with Steve (who looks 12). My hair is just sad, but at least I had a tan back then!
4. Book squee. As soon as I finish The Children’s Book (which is good, but so LONG), I will dive into Y.S. Ling’s The Body at the Tower. (Victorian girl spies RULE!) And after that, I simply must get my hands on Lucy Christopher’s Stolen, which apparently is beyond spectacular.
5. TV squee. Six days until the Fringe Season 3 premiere!
[Cross-posted from Livejournal]